THE ENDOMETRIOSIS BATH
There is nothing better than a hot, soothing bath to relieve the aches and pains of endometriosis. Most of us have pain relievers on hand – mild analgesics to serious, pain kickers like Tylenol #3 to Percocet. But these take, on average, 15-30 minutes to work! What do you while these meds get going in your system? Sit on your couch/bed with a heating pad? Cry? Curse the fact that you are female? Next time your period comes, or you find yourself experiencing endometriosis pain – or any pain, that makes your muscles tense up, try this recipe for a relaxing and healing aromatherapy Endometriosis bath.
1) First thing you need to do is take that pain medicine. Get it down and then start gathering the needed things for your needed time of healing.
2) Begin by lighting some candles around your bathroom. Purchase some high quality lavendar or eucalyptus candles. You can do both. Lavender has relaxing and sedative properties. Eucalyptus relieves cramps – and as a side note, helps with migraines and headaches when applied to headache.
3) Now, begin filling your tub with as-hot-as-you-can-stand-it water. This is important because it helps your body to relax. If you have any lavender or eucalyptus oil, add some drops to your water for maximum healing power. This will penetrate your pelvis and really help to relax your tightening muscles.
4) Now – I shouldn’t have to tell you this, but undress. 🙂 Turn your bathroom lights off, and slip into the tub. You may still be in pain at this point as the pain meds may not have taken into affect. Slip into the bath anyway.
5) Begin some deep breathing. Whatever deep breathing works for you, as long as it focuses you off the pain and on your breathing and heart beat. Take the focus OFF your pain.
6) Try and find a comfortable position – whether this is floating submerged in the tub, sitting up, whatever. Just find what’s comfy. And stay there for at least 30 minutes so that medicine has time to work.
7) Now be CAREFUL when you get out of the tub because you will be weak!! Hold onto something and take it s-l-o-w. Sit down and dry off, don’t push it. Slather on some Johnson & Johnson’s Aromatherapy Nightime baby lotion, then cuddle up with your favorite pillow, blanket, and heating pad if you need it. Turn on your favorite TV show or movie, and sit back and try to relax.
I’ve used this method millions of times and it’s been highly effective! Let me know if you use it and how you like it. You can tailor the aromatherapy to your specific likings, of course. Or use regular candles. Whatever you like!
MARCH BLOGGING MADNESS FOR ENDOMETRIOSIS AWARENESS!!!!