12 weeks. Tomorrow it will be 12 week since the previous thyroids biopsy results appointment, where my doctor confirmed they didn’t get enough tissue to determine anything. Now I get the fun of being drugged up on Ativan all over again and experience than lancing pain of needles stabbing my throat. This time, they better get enough sample.
I’m not looking forward to redoing this, but I’m hoping it will be successful. If the biopsy comes back inconclusive again, then I may need an open biopsy. If that happens, my endocrinologist may decide to just take the darn thyroid since it a) doesn’t work and b) just swells up all the time anyway. As my husband says, maybe that would be a blessing in disguise. Frankly, though, I don’t care to find out.